We are back with Part 2 of SEGA’s Spring Event and these next games have me excited not only that Spring is around the corner but I will finally have something to play on my dusty Nintendo Wii. So without further ado here we go.
I am going to start off with a bang here and that is with Conduit 2. This is the one game that allows me to say to myself I am glad I have kept the Wii around. The gameplay and the new features will make this a must have not only for the returning Conduit fan but FPS’s that have Wii’s and are looking for an action packed game. Here are some of the details about Conduit 2:
Conduit 2 is the epic sequel to last year’s award-winning Wii-exclusive, The Conduit. Picking up on the heels of its predecessor, Conduit 2 puts you on the embattled front lines of the war to save humanity from the alien onslaught. Travel to the far ends of the earth to put an end to the struggle. The enemy is everywhere and the deck is stacked — trust no one. Turn the tide with the most powerful arsenal ever assembled, and bring the alien menace to its knees.
• TEAM INVASION MODE — New co-op mode where up to four player players battle side-by-side against waves of enemies. Fight online over the Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection or on the same console via splitscreen mode.
• THE BEST ONLINE MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE ON THE Wii™ — Take the battle online with up to 12-players or play locally via 4-player splitscreen. Features new modes and more expansive battlefields from around the globe.
• PLAY IT YOUR WAY — Create your character’s unique look with the modular armor system and selectable skins. Class system with pre-mission weapon load-out and suit upgrades. Gain currency to purchase new weaponry, armor, upgrades, and additional content.
• ADVANCED WEAPONS AND TECHNOLOGY – Features an arsenal of over 20 weapons, including wall-penetrating sniper rifles, remotely-controlled deployable turrets, and alien technology that captures incoming fire and unleashes it back on the enemy. Man fixed emplacements at fortified positions and on drop ships. Use the alien ASE device to hack electronics and uncover hidden traps and enemies.
So maybe at one point you where on the fence with Conduit and it really didn’t catch your attention, but Conduit 2 is here and smacking you in the face this time yelling play me I am not your ordinary game for the Nintendo Wii. Conduit 2 seems as if they have pushed the limits off the Wii to deliver us a great game. I can not wait for this one to hit store shelves April 19th.
Heading our way to the PlayStation 3 this Spring is the next installment of Yakuza with Yakuza 4. Yakuza 4 picks up one year later where Yakuza 3 left off and brings you back to Tokyo and slams you back into the action as a man is shot to death in the ruling territory of the Tojo Clan. Yakuza 4 will be the one to deliver this Spring for returning Yakuza fans. Not that Yakuza will not attract new fans but the returning fans will simply love this game and pick up where they left off. Here are some of the key features of the game:
• Experience the Japanese underworld under the guise of 4 characters – it would not be a Yakuza game if you couldn’t still play as Kazuma, but now play as three of the other key characters from the franchise. Each character has different missions and allows the player to explore the city from different viewpoints and engage in the Japanese underworld more than has ever been seen before.
• Authentic replication of Tokyo – In addition to the bright lights of downtown Tokyo, players can now go into the depths of the intricate underground, explore the backstreets of the city and take in the views from the rooftops of buildings.
• Become the ultimate fighter – enhanced battle mechanics and a new fighter training system allow players to work on their skills and become the ultimate fighter.
• Deep Japanese story – an intricate storyline that incorporates all aspects of Japanese culture including hostess bars, karaoke and city exploration.
Of course we wouldn’t leave the PC fan out as SEGA gave us a look into Shogun Total War 2. This game is just one of those game that will pull you in with it’s great graphics and excellent gameplay. The other thing that is great about this game is that you do not have to have a high end gaming PC to run this stunning game as it has been said to run on a notebook at the lowest settings of course, but it does run and you will still be able to get your Shogun Total War 2 fix. Here are some of improved features of the game.
Total War redefined:
Shogun 2 is the ultimate refinement of the original formula with a new, cutting-edge AI, more polish and online functionality than ever before. The result is the perfect mix of real-time and turn-based strategy gaming that invites both veterans of Total War and new players to experience the enjoyment and depth of the series.
New character progression:
Choose from 9 different clans and compete on and offline for the undisputed supremacy of Medieval Japan. Gain experience to level up your own character-warlord as well as your generals and agents.
A complete single and multiplayer offering:
Play through the Main Campaign in single player or invite a friend online to play competitively or cooperatively in Campaign Multiplayer mode. Join 8-player multiplayer battles with your own upgradable avatar and climb the online Leaderboard to show the world who reigns supreme. Also including exciting new modes of team play for clans, a first in the Total War series.
New Generation AI system:
Developed according to Sun Tzu’s principles in the Art of War, the Artificial Intelligence constantly analyzes its situation and reacts to your every move with greater precision and variety.
Improved land and naval battle gameplay:
Land battles never felt so realistic with new multi-staged castle sieges and terrain features changing according to the weather and time of the day – turning each engagement into a tactical challenge. Set buildings on fire to force garrisoned troops out and use your units’ special abilities to turn the tide of the battle. Naval combat also offers more variety with the addition of coastal battles. Islands can work as effective cover for your ships, while sand bars and reefs can be used as traps against an enemy fleet.
Accessible and in-depth empire-building gameplay:
A streamlined User Interface makes management of your kingdom much easier. Build and govern cities, recruit and train troops, conduct diplomacy and manage your agents – each feature is now introduced with comprehensive tutorials, gradually revealing the depth of the Shogun 2 campaign map – the heart and soul of the Total War experience.
Be sure to check out the demo for Shogun Total War 2 for PC right now and let us know what you think of the game.
Checkout all of SEGA’s great titles over on their website and be sure to keep checking back to stay up to date on all SEGA news.