We just posted about the PlayStation 3 update, v3.61, hitting the internet, now Sony just emailed us with more information. Like what we thought in that post, this just seems to be the beginning of restarting their services. Here is what we are being told:
The first phase of restored services for these countries and regions will include:
- Sign-in for PlayStation®Network and Qriocity services, including the resetting of passwords
- Restoration of online game-play across PS3 and PSP
- Playback rental video content, if within rental period, of PlayStation Network Video Delivery Service on PS3, PSP and MediaGo
- Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity, for current subscribers, on PS3 and PC
- Access to 3rd party services such as Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and MLB.tv
- ‘Friends’ category on PS3, including Friends List, Chat Functionality, Trophy Comparison, etc
- PlayStation Home
So it’s finally begun. PSN is finally coming back online and hopefully we will be able to be able to fully enjoy our PlayStation 3’s soon. They went on to tell us about the new security measures but it was nothing we haven’t already heard from them, and they also said that their “Welcome Back” packages will be explained soon.
Update: The rollout of PSN has begun.