Looking to prolong your L.A. Noire experience? We hope so because Rockstar has released information for the upcoming DLC for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Starting today L.A. Noire players will be able to buy a “Rockstar Pass” that will give players access to all seven paid DLC’s. The Rockstar Pass is available for a limited-time price of $10.00 for PSN and 800 MSP for Xbox LIVE. Once you purchase the Rockstar Pass you will be able to download the DLC for free when it becomes available on you favorite console. Here are more details for the DLC.
· Chicago Lightning Detective Suit (Social Club only) – May 17;
· L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (limited-time discount price) – May 31;
· “The Naked City” DLC case – May 31;
· “A Slip of The Tongue” DLC case – May 31;
· Broderick Detective Suit and Gun – May 31;
· Sharpshooter Detective Suit and Gun – May 31;
· The Badge Pursuit Challenge – May 31;
· Chicago Piano Machine Gun (free community unlock) – May 31;
· L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (standard price) – June 14;
· “Nicholson Electroplating Disaster” DLC case – June 21;
· “Reefer Madness” DLC case – July 12.
As you can see by the dates if you are a member of the Rockstar Social Club you can receive a free download of the Chicago Lightning Detective Suit. In addition, Rockstar will unlock the Chicago Piano machine gun for free to all players via the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE. Registration to join the Social Club is free of charge and can be accessed via their website.
All seven pre-order DLC options will be available to purchase from Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network starting today with The Badge Pursuit Challenge and the Sharpshooter/ Broderick detective suits to download for $2.00/160 Microsoft Points and $1.00/80 Microsoft Points, respectively. “The Naked City” Vice case and “A Slip of the Tongue” Traffic case are also launching today. Both cases will each be priced at $4.00 (PlayStation Network) / 320 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE).
Two brand new cases, the “Nicholson Electroplating” Arson case (June 21, 2011) and the “Reefer Madness” Vice case (July 12, 2011), will also be available for download later this summer, each priced at $4.00 (PlayStation Network) / 320 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE). Inspired both by famous noir fiction and real-life crimes taken straight from the headlines, these downloadable cases will provide unique experiences for players independent of the game’s primary storyline. All of the DLC will be available for purchase through the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass, priced after the limited discount period at $12.00 (PlayStation Network) / 960 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE)—a 40% discount off individual DLC pricing.
Be sure to check out Platform Nation’s review of L.A. Noire for the PS3.