Bungie has announced that they’re on the verge of their 20th anniversary, and have a whole two weeks of festivities planned to celebrate it. Starting June 23rd and running through to July 7th they’ll be unleashing a whole host of goodies, activities and reveals. So far they’ve announced seven good reasons to come out and celebrate with them:
- Because Blue Flames aren’t just for Bungie Employees or fans with iPhones. We’ll be turning on Blue Flames and the Bungie Nameplate for every last one of our loyal fans. (Kids, do try this at home.)
- Because we just built a brand-new and totally free community iPhone app to keep you connected…and entertained!
- Because we’re going to tell you, in explicit detail, exactly what Bungie Aerospace is all about.
- Because a collection featuring some of our rarest and most treasured personal Halo artwork will be up for auction, with all profits going to charity through a partnership between Child’s Play and the Bungie Foundation.
- Because the Bungie Store is going to be packed with Swag Sacks containing random, but totally kick ass swag, limited run commemorative t-shirts, and amazing commissioned posters from a handful of incredible artists, with all profits also going straight to charity.
- Because on Bungie Day we’ll be throwing down in a 24-hour Bungie vs. the World No Holds Barred Halo: Reach Marathon where we’ll be making the promise of Steaktacular a certified beefy reality. You steak us. We’ll steak you. Seriously, we’re going to mail any team who beats us by 20 kills or more on Bungie Day a Grade-A cut of steak (gift cards for international players) while supplies last.
- Because you’ve been just as much a part of this incredible twenty years as we have, and we simply couldn’t bear it if you didn’t show up and help us celebrate our anniversary and help send our Halo baby out with one hell of a bang.
The most interesting of which is perhaps the Bungie Aerospace reveal, a project which they’ve done a good job of staying secretive about so far.
So clear your calendars, sell your cars and get training on Halo, as you’re going to need time, money and serious gaming skills to make the most of this.