Some brand new Men of War: Vietnam screenshots were just sent our way. Actually, they were given to us while we were at 1C Company‘s Another Night in Moscow event, so these are kind of exclusive. You only got these if you were at the event, but we didn’t want to keep them to ourselves, so we figured we would share them here. Besides the screenshots, you can read more about the game below, and our own Vincent Lynch (racingfreak92) is working on some preview coverage of the game for you guys and gals, so stay tuned for that down the road. Men of War: Vietnam is set to release to PC’s this Autumn.
Men of War: Vietnam is a new game in the critically acclaimed series. Two intense story-driven campaigns let you feel the explosive mix of the jungle, Hueys and rock-n-roll in early 1968.
The US campaign focuses on a team of elite spec ops soldiers, each one of them with their own unique personality. The unit includes Sergeant John Merrill, machine gunner Jim Walsh, sniper Sonny Armstrong, grenade launcher operator Carl Dillan and combat engineer Bill Kirby. In some missions they can count only on themselves, while in the others they act together with regular US and South-Vietnamese troops.
The North Vietnam campaign tells the story of two Soviet military consultants and soldiers of the North Vietnam Army who are the only survivors of an ambush by US troops. The task of getting back to the North Vietnam territory is a difficult one: they have no means of radio communication, no wheeled vehicles, and it’s too far to make it there by foot. On their way these warriors will be involved in a chain of bloody engagements and find themselves in the dead center of the Tet offensive. Their missions range from special operations to full scale battles.
- There are two sides in every story, so two new story-driven campaigns attempt to show the war from both sides.
- Breathtaking missions including an ambush on the Ho Chi Minh trail, a game of cat and mouse in the Mekong Delta, raids into Cambodia and Laos, bridge defense during the Tet offensive and more.
- New weapons and units: M-16, T-54, M-113, Patton III, M-60, AK-47, M-14, RPG-2, M-72 LAW, RPK and many more.
- Considerably improved graphics to include HDR and other special effects.
- Thoroughly recreated authentic Vietnam environment, buildings and other realia.
- Specially composed original soundtrack.
- Multiplayer mode – co-op for up to 4 players.
Did you like what you read? If so, do us a favor and share it with your friends as well. Click any of the ShareThis links above or below. Thank you!