With the Beta Test for MMORPG ‘Wakfu’ under way, Square Enix and developers Ankama are giving PAX Prime 2011 attendees a hands-on preview of the new Pandawa class characters, which are to be released to the community in the near future. For more information about the game, check out an earlier article from our own Brian Heitzenrater (FrehleyzComet).
With fourteen other characters in the game, just what does this new character class add to the game? Check out the press release below and find out.
What do Pandawas like best? Lifting their pint to the gods with one hand and their friends and enemies in the air with the other. (Usually not at the same time, depending on how many pints they’ve had). They are excellent fighters and real masters in the art of the right-hook (face-to-face). They’re not too bad with an axe either. What most people don’t know, though, is that they’re just as active with their tongues as they are with their fists… after a few glasses of the best fermented Bamboo, that is. Drunken poets or waffling barflies? You decide!
Their philosophy? Living for the moment, of course… so long as they remember when it happens.
• Role type: Fighter.
• Hit Strength: Two levels, according to how many pints you’ve consumed. Sober mode, you’re more support orientated. Less sober, more offensive (fighting techniques are unblocked).
• Flexibility: Excellent. Almost indispensable in a group.
• Cooperation: Good for positioning and a small support panel.
• Fighting Position: Front line, that’s where the class appears to its best advantage (but can also work from behind).
• Easy Target: Opponents who attack in groups, because they can hit several targets at the same time.
• Difficult Target: Enemies who can remove States.
The Closed Beta Test is already underway. If you are interested in getting hands-on time with the game can, please visit the website to register and sign-up.
Don’t forget to keep checking back for all the latest news from PAX Prime 2011.