It’s been ages since anything new came out of Castle Crashers, the little hack-n-slash-that-could we all obsessed over at one point. Due to the game’s three year birthday, The Behemoth decided to give the fans a little more content. Here are the notable inclusions:
- The Pink Knight is free from Xbox Live Marketplace, and for each of the first 50,000 downloaded, The Behemoth will donate $1.00 to the Keep A Breast Foundation.
- The Blacksmith Pack is 160 Microsoft points, and comes with the eponymous Blacksmith as a playable character, new animal orbs and five new weapons. The Behemoth describes him “much like William Wallace (ala Braveheart), but purple and definitely not Mel Gibson.”
There are also other notable updates around the game:
- Added team vs team feature to the Player Match Arena, so you don’t have to go at it alone anymore.
- You can earn two new avatar awards just for checking back in with the game after the update (if you already beat it beforehand): the cardinal animal orb and knight helmet!
- And other minutiae like a news ticker on the main menu, the ability to check other player’s gamer cards in Xbox Live matches, and tons of bug fixes (check out The Behemoth’s dev blog if you want a complete list).
Is all of this enough incentive to get us back into a three year old game? Well yeah, I already played through the first four levels with the Pink Knight last night (he shoots arcing rainbows and exploding penguins. It’s awesome). And I could totally see battling through the game’s surreal world again with some friends. But I still haven’t forgotten about Battle Block Theater, Behemoth. It’s been over a year since I’ve heard any news on it, and I can only hope that we’ll get information soon. But, for now, I guess I’ll be okay with the exploding penguins.