After jumping through all the hoops with Microsoft, Robot Entertainment has finally settled upon a release date for their up-coming third person tower defense game, Orcs Must Die!. Originally aimed to launch exclusively on PC this Summer, as the picture below shows, we will now be seeing Orcs Must Die on the Xbox market place October 5th; followed closely on PC, via Steam and other online retailers, October 12th. I will personally be playing this game on PC, but after seeing and briefly playing the demo at PAX Prime, I can tell you that the Xbox version looks like a lot of fun as well. It really just boils down to a matter of preference in terms of the controls, but PC users are sure to have access to gamepads as well.
If you are unfamiliar with this title, you can take a glance at the bullets bellow, visit the official site, or check out my write up from earlier this year. Why not all three?! This game looks like a lot of fun.
- Play as the War Mage and defend 24 fortresses from an enraged mob of orcs and 11 other villainous monsters.
- Choose from a selection of 6 weapons and magic spells and 17 traps that hack, launch, flatten, gibletize, and incinerate your enemies.
- Upgrade your traps, spells and weapons to cater the game to your personal play style.
- Cleverly combine traps and spells for higher scores on the leaderboards.
- Expertly wield your wits and your weapons through the story-driven campaign and unlock a brutal “Nightmare” campaign.
- Replay fortresses endlessly, combining different defenses and tactics every time!