The Child’s Play Charity was started by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins from Penny Arcade back in 2003. Since its inception, Child’s Play has raised over $9 Million for the over 70 hospitals that currently make up the charity’s network. The 2011 campaign has officially kicked off and I urge gamers to join me in donating to this great cause.
The annual Child’s Play charity auction will take place on Thursday, Dec. 8th, 2011 at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue. Tickets can be purchased at www.childsplaycharity.org. Passes will cost $145 per person and $5,000 for table sponsors.
Those wishing to contribute to Child’s Play can:
- Host a fundraising event http://childsplaycharity.org/events
- Buy or donate an item on the Child’s Play eBay Giving Works page
- Give directly via PayPal
- Become a corporate sponsor, email Kristin Lindsay
- Mail a check to Child’s Play, 123 NW 36th Street Suite 210, Seattle, WA 98107
- Text the keyword GAMERS to 50555 to make a $5 donation