It’s one of the most noted indie titles of all time. It’s gone from home-grown project to Nintendo 3DS, DSiWare, and WiiWare. It’s simple yet addicting, and one of the biggest homages to the 8-bit era. It’s Cave Story, and now it’s available on Steam. Nicalis and Studio Pixel have added a few extras to the Steam release.
Retitled Cave Story+, the Steam description lists these upgrades, alongside with the standard features.
- Original (320×240) graphics and upgraded “HD” graphics
- Remastered music as well as the original soundtrack
- Mix-and-match new/old artwork and music!
- Six new play modes (including Wind Fortress, Boss Rush and more!)
- Over 20 epic boss battles through Mimiga Island
- 15 levels to explore in the vast world
- 10 unique weapons to find and upgrade
- USB controller compatibility
- Four unique endings
- Future content updates