Digital distribution has been a boon for developers. In many cases, it allows for them to release old titles for little upfront cost and major returns. In others, it allows them to release titles that might be otherwise risky in retail shelves. For every Virtual Console packed with classic Nintendo games, there’s a WiiWare title that just wouldn’t last on the actual shelves.
Capcom’s been a major supporter of the virtual content delivery system. For Xbox Live, they’ve released remakes, ports, and the like of their classic arcade titles. Bundling nine (although advertised as eight) titles, the disc looks to combine some of their titles for a $39.99 price tag.
Included in the Capcom Digital Collection are
- 1942: Joint Strike
- Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
- Final Fight Double Impact (includes Final Fight and Magic Sword)
- Rocketman: Axis of Evil (with Rocketman: It Came From Uranus expansion)
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
- Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3
Do you have most of the titles already? Does it look like a tempting deal? The bundle is slated for 2012, but given it’s compilation aspect, shouldn’t be too far off.