Dungeon Defenders on PC has got plenty of DLC over the last couple of months, and this month is no different with the announcement of the “Assault Mission Pack” and a new character class, the Barbarian.
The Assault Mission Pack will cost the cheap price of $1.99 and will include three new assault missions, a new map and apparently, an awesome unicorn familiar to top things off (I don’t actually don’t what this is, but it sounds awesome, right?). The additional character class of the Barbarian sounds like it changes the game up with the ability to dual-wield and change the game with battle stances which replaces the ability to construct towers. Sounds like a class that I wouldn’t want to mess with. The new Barbarian character class will cost $2.99.
If you pick up this DLC, it is down to $0.99 for the Assault Pack or $1.99 for the Barbarian class, but this sale is for one week only so get downloading it now on Steam. See below for a little bit more information about the new Barbarian class and a trailer to accompany it.
Hailing from the dense jungle lands far to the south, the Barbarian is a masterful fighter who can wield two melee weapons simultaneously and unleash devastating combos! Using five distinct fighting stances instead of towers, the Barbarian is able to adapt to any combat situation. His Battle Leap ability allows him to instantly close the distance to a far-off target, while his Battle Pound ability will decimate any nearby enemies. If massive damage and incredible destruction are what you seek, the Barbarian is the hero for the job.
The Barbarian Hero Class has the following fighting stances:
- Tornado Stance – Run faster, attack quicker, jump higher, and push back enemies with a flurry of quick, low damage attacks.
- Lightning Stance – Use the power of lightning to stun your enemies as your attacks make contact, while taking a small amount of damage for each hit.
- Siphon Stance – Sacrifice some of your resistances to steal life from your enemies as you damage them.
- Turtle Stance – Enter this protective stance to greatly increase your resistances, but reduce your movement speed and jump height.
- Hawk Stance – Summon the powers of the mighty hawk to deal a massive amount of damage in your next attack.
Discover new ways to dominate the battlefield by combining any two of these fighting stances simultaneously, or using these powerful abilities:
- Battle Leap Ability – This ability allows the Barbarian to quickly close the distance to far-off enemies with a powerful leap attack.
- Battle Pound Ability – This is powerful radial ability allows the Barbarian to decimate any nearby enemies.