Space is the place. Starhawk, the spiritual successor to Warhawk, has entered public beta. Sony has announced that all preorders at GameStop are automatically updated to the Limited Edition. The store-exclusive bundle (which, in all honesty, would likely be available to other users at a cost) runs the standard price of $60.
Sony has confirmed a list of special content exclusive to the Limited Edition.
Starhawk Limited Edition Contents
- Maw of Despair Outcast Pack: Includes the Maw of Despair Co-op Map and Shade Warrior MP Skin
This challenging co-op mission takes place deep beneath the planet’s surface in a particularly dangerous Rift mine. The Maw of Despair is home to the oldest Outcast tribe, the Shade Warriors. The heart of each Shade Warrior blazes with pure Rift energy, granting them extra toughness and combat ability. The firefights you’ll encounter in the Maw of Despair co-op mission will push your shooting skills to the edge!
- Echo Scrapyard Rifter Pack: Includes the Scrapyard Homeworld and Huxley Ardin MP Skin
An exclusive player Homeworld, the Echo Scrapyard features Huxley’s mechanics shop and junkyard — known throughout the Frontier as the best place in the Frontier for Rifters to get spare parts for their Razorbacks and Sidewinders. And in the canyon basin below, Huxley’s shop is a network of roads and trails for players to hone their own Razorback 4×4 and Sidewinder Jetbike driving skills.
- Starhawk Concept Art PS3 Theme: Decorate your PS3 with the amazing concept art that help bring the Starhawk Universe to life. Only available through the Starhawk Limited Edition.
- Copy of the Original Warhawk (PSone): Download and play the title that started it all!
- Official Starhawk Soundtrack: Christopher Lennertz’s sweeping original score available as a PSN download.
Are you going to go to GameStop for this title? I remember playing Warhawk as a test of the original PlayStation, but only picked up the modern Warhawk title for the bundled bluetooth headset.