NIS America is known for their adherence to Japanese-flavored titles hitting America. On top of their business releasing Japanese cartoons in the states, they’ve primarily dabbled in titles such as Disgaea and the Atelier games. They’ve been a boon for the industry, especially if you like some of the more “out there” visuals and traditional grinding gameplay elements. Mugen Souls, Legasista, and The Witch And The Hundred Knights will all be out within the next year.
Mugen Souls will arrive this fall for the PlayStation 3.
There exists a small galaxy in the universe containing seven worlds, shimmering in seven colors… These worlds exist and act independent of one another. This has allowed them to develop and nurture rich, unique cultures. Then one day, a decree was sent out… “I’m gonna make everything in each of these worlds bow to me!”
– The Undisputed Goddess, Chou-Chou
- Expansive worlds to explore: Travel freely on each world to explore and find treasures and items. Monsters are roaming about, so be cautious or fight them head-on and make them your subservient peons!
- Free-roaming style battle maps: Use Combo attacks to execute spectacular moves with your allies! Destroy Crystals on the battlefield to activate Hyper mode!
- Moe Kill: Execute the Moe Kill technique to enslave enemies and turn them into items by exploiting their weaknesses!
- Customization: Create a full cast of characters! Customizable body parts, facial expressions, and job classes!
- Notice: Due to the sensitive nature of some content, NIS America has decided to edit certain aspects of this title for its North American and European releases.
Legasista will hit the PlayStation Network for PlayStation 3 in August.
In a world where science has become a thing of the past, people have come to fear this ancient form of knowledge as magic spells and curses. Now a young man named Alto sets off for the mysterious Ivy Tower, which houses ancient relics of the lost art of science.
- Dungeon crawler-style action RPG: Form a team of 3 characters to explore the dungeons of the Ivy Tower! Characters can easily switch in and out from the frontline to the backline.
- Randomly-generated dungeons: Explore different dungeons and cash in on the loot!
- Personalities: Create your own character, from job class to unique personalities! The personality will greatly change the character’s fighting capabilities, so choose well!
- Customization: Customize your character fully with the character creation feature. Even weapons can be customized!
The Witch And The Hundred Knights for the PlayStation 3 will debut early 2013.
Two powerful witches have been battling one another for over a hundred years. Now, the Swamp Witch has unleashed the legendary Dark Knights, and seeks to destroy the Forest Witch once and for all!
- A hundred knights at your command: A plethora of ways to utilize your 100-man team!
- Multiple weapons: Equip up to 5 weapons to maximize your combo abilities!
- Chain attacks: The higher you build your chain, the greater damage you will unleash!
- More details coming soon!
- You can be the hero who saves the world, or go evil and pillage the village!
Me? I’m just still sad I missed out on the Gamindustri Savior set of Hyperdimensin Neptunia MK II. Unspecified edits to Mugen Souls definitely puts a damper on the title’s release, and might be the breaking point for that title.
Source: NIS America