The Sam and Max series first staked its claim in the burgeoning Adventure Game genre back in 1988. I remember being confounded by the puzzles but amused by the goofy nature of the characters and writing. I was 8 years old then and 25 years later, the series has gone through its ups and downs, but has found a way to stay relevant in the very capable hands of Telltale Games. To commemorate Sam and Max hitting it’s 25th Anniversary, Telltale has placed all their downloadable titles on sale. Here’s a run down of all the ways that you can save money on Telltale’s superb take on the Sam and Max franchise:
Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft – Back to School Sale – Now through September 10, 2012
- $10 (800 Microsoft®Points) for each individual season, which includes Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space and Sam & Max: Save the World
Steam – Weekend Deal – September 13th – 16th, 2012
- $14.99 for the Sam & Max Complete Pack (includes all 3 seasons – Sam & Max: Save the World, Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space, and Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse).
- Individual seasons – Sam & Max: Save the World, Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space will be available for $9.99 each and Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse will be available for $11.49.
App Store – iPhone and iPad – Now through October 1, 2012
- $.99 for all individual episodes in the Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space season (Universal App).
PlayStation®Network (SCEA) – Now through October 2, 2012
- $20 Bundle Offer for Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse and Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space, and $12.99 for each individual season.
It is good to see developers finding ways to bring back old properties in ways that not only play homage to the past, but also find ways to expands some of the original game’s concepts. Here’s to many more years of success for the Sam and Max franchise.